registration and Policy Agreement
You can download the registration form in PDF format by clicking the link below.
IMPORTANT: *Please read the policy agreement by clicking the POLICY tab above*.
- All teachers hold a DBS for working with young people.
- All teachers are fully qualified and pay annual membership subscriptions to the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance and the Royal Academy of Dance.
- All teachers partake in CPD ensuring that they are up to date with technical skills and qualifications.
- Data collected on the registration form will be destroyed when a pupil gives notice and leaves Ondine Academy.
- Ondine Academy hold full public liability insurance.
- Please advise Ondine Academy of any change in address, email or telephone numbers.
- Parents should be aware that due to the nature of dance it may be necessary for the teacher to use appropriate physical contact when training young dancers.
- It is your responsibility to look on the website for details of term’s dates and all other information.
- Modern and tap classes may ONLY be taken in addition to a regular ballet class with Ondine Academy. This does not apply to Street Dance or Acrodance.
- You must not receive dance tuition from other establishments without the prior knowledge of the Principal.
- Ondine Academy is not responsible for lost possessions. Please mark all clothing and shoes, any lost property will be kept for one term and then donated to charity.
- All injuries will be logged and details of any treatment recorded.
- If your child requires urgent medical attention while under the School’s care, we will if practicable attempt to obtain your prior consent. However, should we be unable to contact you we shall be authorised to make the decision on your behalf should consent be required for urgent treatment (including anaesthetic or operation) recommended by an appropriately qualified medical professional.
- Behaviour that is deemed to be disrespectful towards the teachers or to other pupils may result in the perpetrator being asked to leave Ondine Academy.
Notice & payments
- To give half a term’s notice of withdrawal or accept to pay half a term’s fees in lieu.
- To pay the term’s fees prior to half term. Payment packages available upon request. Fees unpaid at the end of term will accrue 10% interest.
- Returned cheques will incur a £4 admin charge.
- Sibling Discounts will not be applied to Notice payment nor to the Student Rate Fee which is already heavily discounted.
- Students who have sustained an injury and are unable to take ‘full’ class, should nevertheless attend classes as there is still a lot of participation possible in terms of learning syllabus and participating in some form, dependant on their injury. Prolonged absences from lessons may hinder a student’s opportunity of being entered into examinations.
- No refunds will be made for missed classes through illness or injury.
- Please ensure you equip your child with the necessary articles of clothing and arrive with hair appropriately styled.
- Classes may be cancelled or changed when necessary with as much notice as possible from Ondine Academy. Details of any changes can be found on the website Calendar of Events.
- All parents/guardians are requested to collect pupils promptly at the end of lessons. If parents are late the pupil will wait with the teacher until collection. A charge will be incurred for parents being persistently late or if a teacher is kept waiting for more than 30 minutes at the end of a teaching day.
Examinations and festivals
- Your child will only be entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal, with your consent prior to entry. Extra coaching and examination fees will be applied.
- Pupils may be offered the opportunity to take part in local festivals at the discretion of the Principal, with your consent prior to entry. Extra lessons and other costs will be applied.
- If you wish to discuss your child’s classes please contact the Principal who can discuss any issues over the phone to ensure lesson times are not disrupted. Appointments can be arranged with the student’s class teacher if requested.
- Ondine Academy reserve the right to take photographs and video footage during class for coaching and promotional purpose. We undertake that no personal information will be displayed with the image. All information will be kept strictly confidential in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1994 and 1998. If you DO NOT wish Ondine Academy to use photographs of your child, please write or email the school to opt out.
This policy relates to children under the age of 18.
This policy aims to provide all members of staff (paid and unpaid), children and young people, and their families with a clear and secure framework for ensuring that all children in the school are protected from harm while attending lessons at Ondine Academy.
Ondine Academy acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the Royal Academy of Dance requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children have a positive and enjoyable experience of dance at Ondine Academy in a safe and child centred environment and are protected from abuse during the lessons.
As part of our safeguarding policy Ondine Academy will:
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse.
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- ensure that any allegations made by a child never go unchallenged, unrecorded, or not acted upon.
- Ensure that the safety and protection of all the children is paramount to the teaching team at Ondine Academy.